Thursday, July 16, 2015

Meeting Rebecca Minkoff

While in class one day, my friends and I came across an Instagram post from Rebecca Minkoff's page saying she was having a meet and greet, and a first look at her Fall 2015 Collection at her store in SoHo. We immediately sent an RSVP email for the event and became so excited to actually meet a designer. My friends and I got dressed up and walked from our Parson's dorm to her store (about a 20 minute walk.) When we first walked in, we were greeted by associates and made our way around the store to meet Rebecca. First off, she was so nice. She came up to my group of friends and we told her how we were studying at Parson's. She even asked where we were all from! 







I was in love her Fall 2015 Collection. Everything was my color palette (black, white, gray, green, burgundy) and I wanted to buy everything! One of my friends and I got a purse and my other friend got a pair of boots from her Fall Collection. We stayed at the event the entire time. Another fun thing was that, Blair Z, a fashion illustrator, would draw portraits of you if you purchased something from the store. I'm currently waiting to get mine made (Blair had to leave). 
With that being said, it was amazing to have been able to meet a designer. My class toured a branch of Donna Karan's business last week, but atlas, we did not meet her. I love everything Rebecca Minkoff designs and instantly became inspired by her collection. Everyone was so kind and fashionable. Also, how cute is that New York poem?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment