Thursday, November 9, 2017

20 Things I Learned Before Turning 20

*via




Hello friends and happy Thursday!

It seems like just yesterday I was turning 19 and praying God would make it a good year. Some years have felt harder than others (18, I'm looking back at you), but overall, 19 was good. I learned a lot about myself, met some wonderful people, & have sensed myself starting to grow up a bit. Now, here I am, two decades of life down! At first, I dreaded turning 20. I've heard so many young women talk about how your 20's are full of insecurity and confusion because you're finally trying to figure your life out. In a few short years, I'll have to become a real adult (scary!). I thought I would share 20 things I learned before I turned 20 and maybe some of you can relate to these as well.

1. Even after the darkest night, the sun will always rise.

2. Time heals most things.

3. Forgiveness is a very powerful thing.

4. There will always be more than one bad phone call.

5. Everything happens for a reason, you just might never find out why.

6. When in doubt, write it out.

7. Reading a book is a good way to get lost.

8. Long walks/drives are important.

9. God gives you the people you need when you need them.

10. Always call your mom.

11. You can always go back home.

12. Find the people who challenge you + support you and make them your people.

13. Love with all of your heart, even if you get nothing in return.

14. Know when to put someone else's needs before your own.

15. But, self-care is sooo important.

16. Know your worth.

17. Know what you're willing to fight for.

18. Travel often.

19. Embrace change because it leads to growth.

20. Adulthood is inevitable! 


I hoped you enjoyed this post! Anything that you've learned before getting another year old?!

xoxo,

Carly 

No comments:

Post a Comment