Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Why a Break Can Be Good

*via

Hello, all. 
It's been a few a months since I posted on my blog. Honestly, I wasn't sure what I wanted from blogging. Trying to find your voice in a world of 7 billion people can be tricky. Sometimes, I would get writer's block or write about random things. It can be challenging at times to know what your readers want to see. But I realized, I haven't had this blog for long and I'm not sure if anyone reads it, but hey, I'm ok with that. I'm a rookie in the world of digital media, but I learn something new everyday.

I'm so glad blogging has had the impact it has on the fashion industry. Seriously, who knew taking pictures of what you wear daily or how you do your makeup could be so influential. A blogger I read, Caroline, from Citrus & Style recently posted an ah-mazing post about dealing with negativity. An avid reader of blogs myself, I don't see why people feel the need to post negative comments on blogs. I have personally never had one, but I've seen it happen to the most kick-ass bloggers out there.  When I first started my blog around August of last year, I was very worried about people at my school, or anyone really, finding out about my blog. I was a 16 year old, posting random things about why I loved this trend or that outfit. I didn't know what I was doing half of the time. Now, I'm 18. While I'm not a full-blown adult, I realized that I have no reason to be afraid of what people think about my blog. Yes, it took me two years to realize that and how much I missed blogging. This sounds cliche, but blogging added a positive aspect to my life. I felt the need to be more creative, learn to take better pictures, and come up with cool stuff to write about. I also love watching the relationships between bloggers and their readers. You literally feel like you're talking to your best friends 24/7, and that's how I aim to portray to y'all. 

One of the reasons I started this blog was because of my love of writing, and obviously fashion. I have enjoyed writing since I was a kid and being in AP English classes has helped my academic voice grow tremendously. Also, I love fashion. Like, that's an understatement. I can't explain how much I enjoy getting dressed in the morning or reading about the inspiration behind collections. Fashion makes me happy, like the kind that you know if you were forced to do it forever as a job, you would be content.  I want a career in the industry, as a designer or something else, I've got time to decide. Most teenagers my age have no clue what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I knew I always wanted to be in fashion (mentally), but after studying at Parson's over the summer in New York City, I knew, in my heart, I belonged in the industry. Hopefully it will all work out!

Currently, I am a second semester senior of high school, barely hanging on because of senioritis-(it's very real). I am still waiting to hear back from my number one choice of college and possibly my second choice of college. I have been accepted into the 3 out of 5 colleges I applied too so far. No lie, the college admissions process is stressful and I am glad that part is behind me. 

Anyways, I'll stop ranting now. But hey, a break is good. I needed it. 
Thanks for stopping by my small space on the internet. The best is yet to come.

Always, 
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment