Friday, January 29, 2016

Knowing Your Worth


*via

Hey y'all!


I haven't decided how frequently I would start posting again. It's hard for me to have a new post every single day, but I will try my best to post something at least once a week. 

This topic in particular came to be after a phone call with my best friend. I did something cool for one of my guy friends and I was irritated at the result. Naturally, talking situations out with my friends helps tremendously. I kept asking myself, 'why do I continue to be nothing but good to people who don't do the same for me?' It's something we all struggle with. Whether it's that one friend, coworker, or anyone in your life who continues to disregard a kind gesture, #ifeelyou. 

It made me start thinking about my value, wondering how much is 'too much' to invest in others. Frankly, we are all caught up with the idea of someone or something. There's a point though, where it can become degrading if that's your main focus. I'm getting off on a tangent here, but I mainly wanted to express my thoughts on how sometimes, it's okay to cut people off who don't value you. It's exhausting to continue giving everything to someone who doesn't do the same for you back. Know that you are worth the kindness, love, and attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment