Monday, January 25, 2016

It's All About Perspective


One of the things within blogging I struggle with is taking pictures. Having someone take pictures of me in general is awkward, let alone OOTD pictures. I consider myself a photogenic person but I've never liked having all of the attention on myself. With that being said, I want to make some personal #photographygoals for my blog!

1. Take more pictures
I really struggle with this. I see something once and say, 'that's it.' Done, I don't need to remember this place nor this moment. At the beginning of my senior year, I vowed to take more pictures since it was my last year of high school. Yeah, that's coming along great. With second semester a few weeks in, I plan to try again for this semester!

2. Take better quality pictures
Whether or not I stick with blogging in college, I need to get a better camera. I currently use an old Canon my mother used to own. It's slow, freezes up a lot, and doesn't capture the image like I want it too. Maybe 2016 will be the year I invest in a camera! Any recommendations?

3. Take the picture, even if you've already seen it
Over the summer during my three week stay in New York City, I was able to explore the city more in depth and take pictures, obviously. That was my 4th trip to the city and somehow, I still had the feeling I was missing something while I was reminiscing through photos. My logic now is, it doesn't matter how many times you've seen that building/road/view/sunrise/or sunset, take another picture. I'm so surprised at how taking pictures of the same thing overtime can be different. For example, I've been to The Plaza Hotel all 4 times I've been to New York. But you know what? My perspective has changed, my life has changed, and I have changed since the first time I took a photo of The Plaza to the most recent time. I know that example may sound really weird but it's so true. Even when you visit a familiar place, life is different and that's just how it goes. 


Do you guys have any tips for good photography?

xoxo, 
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment