Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Layering


Cooler temperatures will be hitting very soon, for the Fall season is upon us. In Northeast Georgia, the temperatures will start going down a little bit in the middle of September. Fall is my favorite season! The fashion during this time is what I am most comfortable with wearing- all of the neutrals, chunky knits, riding boots, and vests. One thing I haven't mastered yet is layering. I can be kind of confusing for me, because I see it done well but when I try, it doesn't look as good. After doing some research, I found three common layering ideas. 

 

#1: The tank
A tank can be styled in all seasons. Channel those late-summer, flowy tanks by pairing it with a button down (don't button it up) or a lightweight jacket. 

#2 The button down
I will be wearing this more when the winter season hits for sure, but for fall, I would wear it with a cozy cardigan or under a sweater. If you want a preppier look, definitely opt for the button down and sweater and for a relaxed look, go for the button down and cardigan!

#3 The vest
One of my favorite pieces beginning in the fall are vests. It's the extra detail to any outfit. I would pair this lightweight vest with a piko top or a shirtdress. J. Crew has great puffer 
vests if you wanted something more heavy. 

* All pieces are from Nordstrom BP

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment