Thursday, May 7, 2015

Final Exam/ AP Testing Tips


It's that time of year. Summer is in the midst and so are final exams! I'm taking one of my AP exams Friday and the other next Wednesday, so I apologize for short/ no posts in the next week. I'm almost done!
Nothing stresses me out more than an important test. Even the SAT is nerve-racking. I have a few tips on what helps me stay calm for finals, and hopefully they will help you too!

1. Relax
   It's a test. Yes, I know, important tests. But with AP exams, the world does not end if you don't pass! You just won't receive college credit, but remember that you challenged yourself to do the impossible- you should be proud!

2. Believe in YOURSELF
    This one is tough for me. I constantly doubt my abilities to perform well under pressure, even if I have practiced a million times before. Thank goodness my teachers do believe and reassure me that I am, for example, a strong writer and can perform well on essays. 

3. Get lots of sleep
   I don't know about y'all, but bad things happen when I don't sleep. Like, bags, lines, pimples...all not fun. Plus, when I'm tired, I basically #can'teven. It's very important to give yourself plenty of sleep before exams. Cramming at the last minute can help some people, but don't sacrifice sleep for anything. 

4. Reward Yourself
   Junior year has been the hardest academic year of my life, therefore, I am rewarding myself. Whether it's splurging on those shoes you have been eyeing or going to a museum, I believe everyone at the end of every year should have a mini-party for themselves. You deserve it!

5. Exercise
   Finals can be stressful. For me, running is my escape. If I know I will be up doing homework, I like to take a quick break and go for a jog. It keeps me awake and allows the information time to set in. Even doing a quick yoga pose can be beneficial.  

Happy finals and best of luck!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment