Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I'm A Runner

via*

On the blog, you've noticed I've talked about tennis quite a few times. It's the first new sport I have participated in since the 8th grade, but it was not my first love. My first love was running. I have been running since I was 6 years old, and have been on the cross country team for 5 years now. A lot of people HATE running, I mean truly despise the sport. And hey, that's okay. Not everyone is going to love everything that I do. 
Like any other sport, there are ups and downs (and I'm not talking about the hills). I was out my sophomore year due to an ongoing ankle injury which is just now starting to heal. Even through my toughest moments, here's what I love about running:

It calms me down: If I am ever angry or frustrated, the first thing I do is go on a run. Whether I'm frustrated doing homework or can't sleep at night, I lace up my shoes, grab my headphones and my phone, and I go. (Yes, I've ran at 1:30 in the morning before.)

It's healthy: Want to burn off that cheeseburger? Well, it will only take you an hour and a half's worth of exercise, ha. Walking is also healthy too but running is a faster way to get your blood running through your body and to gain toned muscles. 

It's an individual sport: To this day, I still love running alone. Even at practice. I find myself in the zone and can up my pace at any second. When you race in a cross country meet, you line up with your team as usual but your entire team will not all get the same time. Some are faster than others. It seems as though there is an immense amount of pressure, but when the gun goes off, you are completely focused. Always go at the pace you can maintain throughout your run!

It's a life-long sport: Despite sports such as football and basketball, running is a life-long sport. I hope to be like Louie Zamperini from Unbroken and be able to run until I'm in my late 80's, early 90's. 

Are you a runner?
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment