Monday, February 23, 2015

Words of Wisdom


Over the past weekend, I went to a retreat called Happening. It is a weekend for the youth of the Episcopal congregation. By no means am I going to force my beliefs on you, but I learned something this weekend that I will cherish forever. 

Do you ever have a friend(s) where you instantly click? You're always there for each other through the good and the bad, you're basically like family. Sound familiar? Well, these friends have a special name- angels. In my group, one of the leaders pointed out something that was so relevant and beautiful, that it made me think about the angels in my life. She said, "you know when you just click with that person. You understand them, and love them for who they are and they love you." 
That could not be more true. As I was thinking of my angels, I realized how few there were, maybe because not all of my friends have impacted me in some way. But regardless of the amount of angels you have, it's truly amazing that those people are in your life. There's a reason behind it- behind every supporting text, every laugh, and every cry; it blows my mind to think about the people who have always been there for me. I thought this quote was perfect, because our angels love us no matter what, despite our flaws.

Do you have angels in your life?
xoxo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment