Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tennis Update

via*

As you all know or might not know, I am doing tennis this year for the first time. We had conditioning for a couple of weeks, then tryouts. My coach has a technique called a ladder, where he will take your best mile times, stadium times, number of crunches, etc. and that is how your placement will determine your spot on the team. (yes, our tennis skills were included too.) Now, we have challenges. Challenges are where you play the opponent who is ahead of you on the ladder. If you beat them, you switch places, and if you lose, you remain in your place. I made Varsity- number 7, and I challenged the 6th girl, won, and moved up to her spot. See the idea? 

When we were challenging, I also got to learn about how the scoring works in tennis. My coach started us out going to 1-2-3-4, instead of love-15-30-40-game. I was a little confused but I was able to catch on within a day so I was very proud! We challenged in singles, and even though I more than likely will not be playing singles, it was neat to be able to see the difference between that and doubles. I didn't realize where you can hit the ball is very limited before you hit it out. 

We have our first match this week, but I will be missing due to a concert, but overall, I am very excited and looking forward to the season!

xoxo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment