Monday, September 11, 2017

My Italian Adventures Part 1

Hello, friends. It's been a while!
I hope everyone had a fantastic summer and is getting into the swing of things with the new school year. 

I wanted to finally share all of the photos I took while I was in Italy this summer. This was my second time going back and I could not have been more thrilled. We stayed in new places this time, for the most part. However, I enjoyed going back to the places we went to last time because I always notice different things that I had not noticed before!

On June 2nd, I boarded my flight from Charleston back home to Atlanta to meet my family and friends to hop on our flight to Milan. Almost everyone who went on the first trip to Italy came back to go on the second one, minus a few people and two new people, but we still had a blast. The flight from Atlanta to Milan was direct and about a 9 hour flight, plus 6 hour time difference (Italy is 6 hours ahead). Last time, we flew into Rome.  I was able to capture a photo of us flying over the Swiss Alps which was so cool. I had zero interest in skiing/snowboarding anymore but I would still love to see them in person!


I definitely preferred flying into Milan this time over Rome. Milan is in the northern part of the country and Rome is in the southern portion (it's also the capital.) Our main focus of this trip was to see the northern part of the country since we saw what we wanted to see in the southern part last time. There are still parts of Southern Italy I would love to see!

Our first stop: Lake Orta. 

Lake Orta is located Northwest of Milan. It's about an hour from the Switzerland border. Lake Orta and Lake Como are both in the northern parts of Italy but Lake Como is more touristy and known for celebrity sightings. Lake Orta is a little touristy but it's not overwhelming by any means. 




A monastery from centuries ago in the middle and the town surrounding it!



A few from one of our friends' clients home! They cooked us a homemade, Italian meal and it was the best food I've ever had. 




Overall, I highly recommend visiting Lake Orta! It was very beautiful, peaceful, and rich in history.  I'll be honest, there was not a ton to do in this city. It was more of a place to relax. We drove up to the mountaintop and walked around in a few older churches and observed the lake down below. 

I am going to be doing an Italian Adventures series where I will be posting all of my photos of the different cities we visited! 

Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

Carly


© Copyright 2017 Carly Mixon. All photos were taken by me. If reposted, please give credit back to the source. All Rights Reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment