Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello, 2015!






First and foremost, Happy New Year! I hope you all have a wonderful night and rang in the new year with loved ones, (I did!). 


Making New Year's Resolutions has always been something everyone has planned to do, but never stuck to. I am one of those people, but something feels different about this year. Adjusting into a new year for once does not feel scary or anxious. I guess my conscious is reminding me that I am ready.

What I'm ready for in 2015:


1. Embracing
    Somewhere in 2014, someone very close to me taught me to embrace the present. My mind tends to wander too much into the past or the future, times that are gone and not here yet. This is very difficult for me to not do but I realized that I'll be a senior this year. There is something so bittersweet about saying those words and thinking it, because it's one step closer to my dream and of course, growing up. I recently posted a quote on Tumblr regarding the question of why are we, teenagers, so ready to grow up? We will never be this young again, ever. (  will link that post down below.)

2. Focusing
    As I am about to start the second semester of my junior year, the continuing push for my grades to be at their best is prime. I plan to apply Early Admission to my top college choices and they will be looking back at my grades from previous years, especially junior year. As much as I hate the SAT, it won't last forever. I plan to get my scores up as high as I want them and studying very hard so I can get the results I want.

3. Growing
    Sooo, I turn 18 this year. (I literally just did a big "what the heck" in my head). Despite age growth, I cannot wait to grow more as a person- furthermore, into the person I have always wanted to be. I'm already a super- independent person, which has its perks. I've always been very driven and had a clear view of what I wanted. Growing up means accepting more responsibilities and taking on new things. Besides growing up, growing as a person is the most important thing and I'm ready to learn!

4. Change
    First off, prepare to hopefully see Peaches & Cream change. I'm really looking forward to growing this blog, creating great content and making some website changes. So don't be startled, you were warned.
There is also a weird feeling knowing this year, I will be doing things for the last time as a high schooler. Running cross country, attending football games..I hope time will slow down! I'll also be applying to colleges this year which is bizarre. But like I said before, I AM READY!


I hope this year will be everything you want it to be--
Xoxo,
Carly


Tumblr post: http://peaches---cream.tumblr.com/post/105937020690/i-wish-we-werent-in-such-a-rush-to-grow-up-why

No comments:

Post a Comment