Monday, August 29, 2016

College Beauty Must-Haves

Beauty is something that changes as we grow older. I've realized in college how different 'beauty' is approached. For example, in high school, I wore makeup everyday but in college, I wear very minimal makeup or none at all to class. I've also noticed that girls make more of an effort to try exotic looks when it's a night out on the town. Whatever your routine is, there are definitely some must-haves for the college gal who's trying to get a degree while still looking pretty. 

1. Dry Shampoo: I used to never be a fan of dry shampoo. Who in the heck would go three + days without washing their hair?! Not I. Now that my days vary, I don't always have time to wash my hair every night or I'm too lazy, ha. Dry shampoo has been a life saver so far for my roots. A quick spray before class and bam, hair that isn't greasy. I highly recommend this one and this one!

2. Setting Spray: I can't believe I went all throughout my years of high school without using this stuff. Setting spray sets your makeup and allows it to stay in place for a long time. It's perfect for a night out! You can get the pricer option, like Urban Decay or the less expensive option.

3. Highlighter: Guys, can we take a moment to realize how amazing this stuff is?! I recently got on the trend and I won't be abandoning this product from my routine anytime soon. A highlight, is what it sounds like: it highlights whatever part of your face you wanted highlighted. You can swipe the product on with a brush or your finger. I recommend applying it on the area above your cheek. It makes you look as if you have a glow!
These are amazing options: one / two / three / four

4. Hair Treatment: PSA, dorm showers SUCK.  The water pressure is awful and it's hard to find showers that have the pressure just how you want it. Along with getting ready for events, your hair takes a toll on the amount of heat that's used. I recommend doing a treatment once a week, whichever kind works best for you. I personally use this one because my hair always smells amazing and is so smooth after! I really notice a difference the next day because my hair maintains the softness and shine. 

5. Sleep: You've probably heard a million times how important beauty sleep is but I cannot express it enough, especially when you get to college. There will be many nights where you're studying until 2 a.m. or coming home from a night out with friends. Right now, my study schedule hasn't been too crazy so I've been able to take naps everyday. I think I'm still recovering for the 4:30 a.m. sorority recruitment wake-up calls, ha. It's hard to be productive when you can barely keep your eyes open so take that 30 minute quick nap. You won't regret it. Plus, you'll feel more energized and refreshed. :)

I hope you all enjoy these quick tips! Have a good Monday!

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment